After a fair amount of waiting and a lot of running around, I finally made it to Argentina! For the past two weeks, I have been busied by orientation activities, and trying to find my way around this city.
Things I have learned so far:
1. Not all Argentineans like tango, or mate
2. Buses here think they are cabs and will not stop for you unless you hail them (even if it is raining and you have a backpack and perishable goods)
3. Mayonnaise is its own food group. It goes on everything. It is a salad dressing, a cheese replacement and it comes in a bag
4. Mullets-are in fact stylish. This applies to both genders, and the occasional rat tail
5. Dinner served before 9pm is called lunch